An internship position is available at the Chamber’s Beijing Office. The intern will assist the Policy and Communications Manager and the Business Manager for Legal & Competition, Finance & Taxation and Energy-related Working Groups.
-Assist with the drafting of the annual Position Paper;
- Conduct regulatory and market research;
- Assist with the setting up and conducting of working group meetings, including managing invitations, registrations, meeting minutes and other logistical aspects;
- Assist with the liaison with working group members and/or government authorities;
- Collect and collate member comments on legislation drafts in response to calls for comments;
- Track lobby activities;
- Help with English-Chinese translation and occasional oral interpretation;
- Other tasks as required.
The internship presents an opportunity to gain valuable experience within the areas that the Chamber is involved in, including lobbying, events and organizing working group meetings with European industry.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Mandarin;
- Background in law, business, economics, political science or other relevant areas preferred;
- Basic understanding of the Chinese government structure and legislation process;
- Industry knowledge, strong personal interest and/or previous experience in lobbying preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills (strong sense of responsibility, attention to detail, proactivity, excellent communicator);
- Computer literacy (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong interest in energy, environment and climate change issues is desirable
How to apply
Please send your CV(中文+英文) and cover letter, named as "姓名，学校，实习几个月，入职时间" to firstname.lastname@example.org; by the end of October , and the interview will be held in Nov.
This internship runs for six months. Eligible candidates must be enrolled in a bachelor or postgraduate programme and willing to work from the office for at least four days per week. Foreign applicants are required to hold valid visa allowing him/her to take internship in China. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The intern will receive a stipend of 2,000 RMB (net) per month from the fourth month of the internship onwards. Foreign interns are not allowed to get any stipend in China according to Chinese regulations. Upon successful completion of the 6-month internship, a recommendation letter signed by the Secretary General will be provided.